Declaring the History Major
To declare a major you must first meet with the History Undergraduate Advisor and then your individual History Faculty Advisor. This will require some planning and organization on your part, so if you are planning to declare in time for advance registration, start the process at least two weeks before registration begins.
No prerequisites or minimum GPA are required to declare the History Major. The process consists of these simple steps:
- Review the requirements for the History Major, and familiarize yourself with the other information on this site. Consider which area of concentration, if any, you would like to declare.
- Schedule an appointment and meet with the History Undergraduate Advisor to discuss the major and begin the declaration process. At this meeting, you will be assigned a Faculty Advisor based on your choice of concentration. (Please bring your laptop.)
- Submit a "Declare/Update Field of Study" form through PATH@Penn.
- Visit your Faculty Advisor during office hours.
- Confirm in PATH@Penn that your History Major has been made official.